Sunday, June 17, 2007

 

Lions and tigers and Betty Brinn

Everyone has friends and family who can offer special "perks." I can think of three that I have:
1 - I can get some medicines at a discount, like tylenol or triple paste (great for diaper rash)
2 - I can get you into the zoo for free (but you have to bring me with) for a limited time...
3 - I can get into the Betty Brinn Museum with up to 3 other people as a new perk!

I went to the zoo twice recently - once to pet the sharks and sting rays in the new exhibit, and once for a work picnic. We pet and fed the goats. This one was my favorite because you could see his teeth when he smiled.


We saw a girl cow with horns,














And a not-so-shy beautiful tiger.








I also got to spend a day with my friends Amy and Andrew. (Joe was not sick enough to get out of work. ) We went to the Betty Brinn Museum downtown. This was my first trip there, but Andrew knew his way around like a pro!














He scooped sand, slid down the slide, and made beautiful melodies on the "wall o' pots." He also had fun with the lawnmowers. I had a lot of fun too! I hope I can go back again - but I should probably go with kids so I don't look silly. We walked down to the lakefront to enjoy the beautiful weather. Amy made a yummy lunch complete with homemade quesadillas and strawberry pie for dessert. When can we play again?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Free Web Site Counter
Free Hit Counters
mmm...rhubarb
Anyone for a swim?
beef...it's what's for dinner
Book review: Kite Runner
Cash, check or charge...
7 months and growing...
A new fuzzy friend
It's been a rough day!
More pictures
Ellie's winter look